List:       kstars-devel
Subject:    [Kstars-devel] Inaccurate Catalogs?
From:       Akarsh Simha <akarshsimha () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-12-06 21:56:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi

I happened to observe this galaxy called NGC 2090 through a 10" Telescope.
While a few other sources show the magnitude of this object to be 11.2 magnitude, KStars puts it at 11.9
It is impossible that it is 11.9, because then I'd have simply not seen it with such a small scope.

What is the source of these catalogs? Is the source accurate?

Regards
Akarsh