List:       kstars-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kstars-devel] strategies for expanding the size of catalogs
From:       "Akarsh Simha" <akarshsimha () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-10-19 20:50:38

Hi

Just a passing thought.

Maybe we could actually store data from some of the trixels
immediately surrounding those in view, and how much additional data we
store could be dynamically scaled depending on how much resources you
have (probably calculated from /proc/meminfo or something?). This way,
we will be saving time while slewing for systems with more RAM.

--
Regards
Akarsh