List:       kroupware
Subject:    Re: Integration of Kolab 3 with Samba4 LDAP
From:       Borut Pinter <borut.pinter () dedomena ! si>
Date:       2013-05-21 10:29:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Mat,

I thank you for your reply. However I'm not sure this will
work as both of these (samba4 and Kolab) use LDAP for user database.

I'm not sure how to run two LDAP servers on the same machine and I
didn't find anywhere how I can setup kolab with different LDAP server or
other kind of user database the it's 386 Directory Server for now.

If
there is a way I can run 2 LDAP servers (one form samba4 and the other
from Kolab) I could do as you suggested but I'm not really sure.

Perfect soulution for me would be that both (Kolab and Samba) would
use just one common LDAP server.

Is this possible?

best regards,

Borut.

21.05.2013 12:00, je kolab-users-request@kolab.org napisal

> Subject: Re: Integration of Kolab 3 with Samba4 LDAP
> Date: Mon, 20 May
2013 20:51:39 -0700
> To:
kolab-users@kolab.org
8bit
> From: Mat Cantin <mat@cantinbrothers.ca>

Message: 4

> I recommend looking at the LSC Project to sync the two
user databases
> up.
>
> http://lsc-project.org/wiki/ [2]The LSC
mailing list is pretty good if you need help setting it up.

> --

Mat

> On 2013-05-20 7:59, Borut Pinter wrote:
>
>> Hello, I have
just deployed a new samba4 server as DC for windows network. I would
like to add Kolab 3 as groupware to the same user base and I was
wondering if I can use samba4 AD or LDAP also for Kolab 3? All the
instructions I have found for Kolab 3 only use the LDAP that comes with
Kolab 3. If there is a way I could do this I would like some pointers in
how this can be done. regards, Borut. -- Dedomena - Obvladovanje
Podatkov in Informacij, Borut Pinter, s.p. NemÄ avci 34 9000 Murska
Sobota tel.: +386(0)41-343-616 e-mail: borut.pinter@dedomena.si

Links:
------
[1]
https://www.intevation.de/mailman/listinfo/kolab-users
[2]
http://lsc-project.org/wiki/

[Attachment #5 (unknown)]

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN">
(samba4 and Kolab) use LDAP for user database.</p> <p>I'm not sure how to run two \
LDAP servers on the same machine and I didn't find anywhere how I can setup kolab \
with different LDAP server or other kind of user database the it's 386 Directory \
Server for now.</p> <p>If there is a way I can run 2 LDAP servers (one form samba4 \
and the other from Kolab) I could do as you suggested but I'm not really sure.</p> \
margin-left:5px; width:100%"><!-- html ignored --><!-- head ignored --><!-- meta \
ignored --> <pre>&nbsp;</pre>
<pre>Subject: Re: Integration of Kolab 3 with Samba4 LDAP

Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 20:51:39 -0700

To: <a href="mailto:kolab-users@kolab.org">kolab-users@kolab.org</a>

On 2013-05-20 7:59, Borut Pinter wrote:</pre>
margin-left:5px; width:100%">Hello, I have just deployed a new samba4 server as DC \
for windows network. I would like to add Kolab 3 as groupware to the same user base \
and I was wondering if I can use samba4 AD or LDAP also for Kolab 3? All the \
instructions I have found for Kolab 3 only use the LDAP that comes with Kolab 3. If \
there is a way I could do this I would like some pointers in how this can be done. \
regards, Borut. -- Dedomena - Obvladovanje Podatkov in Informacij, Borut Pinter, s.p. \
Nem&Auml; avci 34 9000 Murska Sobota tel.: +386(0)41-343-616 e-mail: <a \
href="mailto:borut.pinter@dedomena.si">borut.pinter@dedomena.si</a> \
 <pre>&nbsp;</pre>