List:       kroupware
Subject:    Re: Outlook 2010 client and free busy?
From:       Thorsten Schnebeck <thorsten.schnebeck () gmx ! net>
Date:       2012-03-19 20:23:58

Am Montag 19 M=E4rz 2012, 14:58:18 schrieb Shawn Walker:
> Hello Thorsten,
> =

> Have you tried using https?  Though you will have to have Windows trust t=
he
> certificate for Outlook Free/Busy to use https.  I'm not sure how your
> Kolab Horde server is configured.  Have you tried using the browser (IE,
> Firefox, Chrome, etc) by using the HTTP/HTTPS URL you are attempting to s=
ee
> if they work?
> =

> Replace %NAME% with the user id you are trying to get the Free/Busy from =
in
> the browser URL location.

Hi Shawn,

there is no problem with the URL as long as I do not use username+password.=
 I can watch the
apache log and see %NAME% and paths works perfectly. But Kolab wants authen=
tication when using
http-get. It does not matter if you use http or https. The latter calls onl=
y for more trouble as you
have to take care of certs.

The problem is an URL of
 http[s]://user%40domain.tld:SECRET@kolab.domain.tdl/freebusy/%NAME%@doman.=
tld.ifb

When using user%40domain.tld:SECRET as auth together with http or https it =
does not work with
Outlook 2010 (German 32bit).  I read somewhere that OL 2010 supports this t=
ype of authentication
only for FTP URLs.

When disabling authentication Kolab moans about this and crashes the apache=
 session.

I do not have high hopes that I can fix Outlook if not somewhere has a secr=
et registry key
where you can setup auth separately or a magic URL syntax. But I hope PHP m=
aster Gunnar knows
why Kolab insists on FB+auth when its globally disabled :-) =

Bye

  Thorsten