List:       kroupware
Subject:    Disable ClamAV on an old Kolab setup
From:       Vladislav Tchernev <vtchernev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-08-02 14:28:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello Everyone,
I have a problem with an old Kolab 1.9.4 setup that is in use in prod so the
issue is very urgent for me. The ClamAV (0.94.2) is outdated (does not work
with the new database formats) and was running out of an old database which
is copied in place every night via cron. This was working OK since this
morning when the ClamAV stop working complaining that the
old previously working  database is malformed. At this point, up to
my knowledge I can't upgrade the ClamAV on this version of Kolab so the only
way to make the mail flow again is to make Amavis not to use ClamAV. So .. I
went to  /kolab/etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf, un-commented the line
"@bypass_virus_checks_acl = qw( . );" and restarted all services
but unfortunately it looks like Amavis still tries to invoke Clamav and the
delivery process if failing. Can some one help me with instructions how to
disable ClamAV.

Thanks for your help!!!

Vlad