List:       kroupware
Subject:    shared calendar as long time reminding system?
From:       Thorsten Schnebeck <thorsten.schnebeck () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-09-10 8:12:18

Hi List,

we are searching for a solution to set-up a reminding system for tasks in the remote \
future. This can not be a per user setting as it is not sure that the user still \
works in the company when the task arise. So, every Kolab user  should be able to \
create such a reminder and the system should send a reminder email to a distribution \
list. This distribution list contains  all users that take care of these tasks in the \
future. So, I set-up a shared calendar and used Horde to insert the reminder. This \
seems to work for stuff like creating and deleting but the email- reminder seems to \
be a per user setting. But I need this as a feature of the shared calendar. Maybe \
someone has an idea how to solve this  issue or knows a better way how to handle the \
whole problem? Maybe its better to use the shared calendar of a virtual user?

Bye

   Thorsten

--
using Kolab 2.2.2