List:       kroupware
Subject:    Re: New Horde web client finished
From:       ITSEF Admin <itsef-admin () itsef ! com>
Date:       2007-05-31 6:25:02

On Wednesday 30 May 2007 14:24, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> As most of you know Horde has been an incomplete Kolab2 client for
> quite a while now. The development to convert the web client into a
> fully compatible Kolab2 client has been restarted last year and is
> about to reach its final stage.
[...]

This is great news - thanks to everybody involved!

[...]
> In the meantime we encourage all people that do not run a production
> server and that are interested in hosting a Horde web client to join
> the bug hunting phase.
[...]

Well, as the only machine I can use for testing *is* a production server, I
have a few questions...

- I have a few users who are eagerly awaiting a fully operable web client
  and would most likely be willing to take the risk and help debugging.
  Is there any chance that using Horde could screw things up for *other*
  users? From what I understand it *shouldn't*, but what do I know... :-}

- Currently, we use Squirrelmail for users who need to have access from the
  outside - is it possible to use Horde in parallel?

Thanks in advance!

Cheerio,

Thomas