Hi all, I have a situation whereby the postfix mydomain is set to an organization wide e-mail address. My situation is that sometimes mail gets sent to the server that has the pattern: unknownuser@mydomain This user does not exist on the system, but because mydomain is set to the same domain the mail is handed to lmtp, upon which Cyrus replies with: 550-Mailbox unknown. Either there is no mailbox associated with this 550-name or you do not have authorization to see it. 550 5.1.1 User unknown (in reply to RCPT TO command) To resolve this issue I have done the following: 1) Use the canonical rewrite mechanism to rewrite all known and unknown addresses from mydomain into a special format: /kolab/etc/postfix/canonical @kolabtest.co.za kolab@unknown.kolabtest.co.za /kolab/etc/kolab/main.cf.template recipient_canonical_maps = ldap:ldapsource canonical_maps = hash:/kolab/etc/postfix/canonical ldapsource_search_base = dc=baronny,dc=kolabtest,dc=co,dc=za ldapsource_query_filter = (mail=%s) ldapsource_result_attribute = mail ldapsource_result_filter = %s.known ldapsource_search_timeout = 2 ldapsource_scope = one ldapsource_bind = no ldapsource_version = 3 The result of this step is that any mailbox on my server resolves through ldap if a user is local or not. -If not the user becomes: user@unknown.kolabtest.co.za -If known the user becomes: user@kolabtest.co.za.known --- 2) All unknown addresses are relayed out to my main router, where the router rewrites unknown.kolabtest.co.za to kolabtest.co.za and continues merilly. --- 3) All known users are fixed through virtual as follows: /kolab/etc/postfix/virual.reg /^(.*)@kolabtest\.co\.za\.known/ $1@kolabtest.co.za /kolab/etc/kolab/main.cf.template virtual_maps = regexp:/kolab/etc/postfix/virtual.reg hash:/kolab/etc/postfix/virtual This fixes the addresses from kolabtest.co.za.known to kolabtest.co.za after which the addresses are handed to Cyrus through lmtp and delivered. --- Is there an easier way to do this? This solution works with pretty good performance. Any postfix gurus out there? ;-) Regards, -- Stephan _______________________________________________ Kroupware mailing list Kroupware@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kroupware