List:       kroupware
Subject:    Re: [Kroupware] Email client for windows
From:       Andrew Kohlsmith <akohlsmith-kolab () benshaw ! com>
Date:       2003-06-20 12:40:39

> Yes, but this is a single-user license. Jon didn't mention how many users
> he wants to connect but $5000 sounds like a little more than 250 users.

If he's got 250+ users, he's got $5k for migration in the budget.  That's
still significantly less than the same number of Exchange licenses.

[rant]As an individual I understand cost issues.  For personal use things
should be inexpensive.  Companies make money, they spend inordinate amounts
of money on all kinds of things, yet when OSS charges money for commercial
use it seems like some kind of heinous crime against humanity for some
people.  $40 per seat is _cheap_, people.  I'm also sure that Bynari is
willing to drop its price for volume licensing, as most companies
do.[/rant]

Regards,
Andrew