List:       kroupware
Subject:    Re: [Kroupware] Web interface frontend
From:       Martin Konold <martin.konold () erfrakon ! de>
Date:       2002-10-04 12:51:16

On Friday 04 October 2002 07:08 am, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

Hi,

> > Just think about the general advantage of using multiple tier
> > architectures.
>
> i don't see the advantage with ldap servers. but i see it with imap
> servers: have a loadbalancer or round robin dns, a general purpose
> proxy tier, and a second tier with the true storage server. a few
> simple machines extra and a high speed network in the middle is
> not much, and experience told me the load splitting works well.

You do not seem to understand.
Multiple tier architecture here means:
Tier 1: GUI or command line frontend
Tier 2: backend on the server
Tier 3: database in ldap

Basically the potentialy mutliple frontend implementations manipulate data in
the db aka ldap and then the backend is triggered to create the final config
file, imapd accounts etc.

Regards,
--martin

--