List:       kroupware
Subject:    Re: [Kroupware] Web interface frontend
From:       Tassilo Erlewein <tassilo.erlewein () erfrakon ! de>
Date:       2002-10-01 8:53:43

Hi Lutz,

sorry for my late answer. I find your ldap postfix findings quite useful.
We think heavily about getting the whole server config into a special
access-restricted LDAP object.

However I'm not so sure it's generally good to have the daemons
get their running config directly from LDAP (where possible)

So I would propose the following:

- have the web interface only interact with ldap
- provide a backend (perl) that reads stuff from ldap and
  fills out config file templates

How do you think about that ?

Note that it's possible to arrange for special settings in the config file
templates that don't get overwritten by the backend. So it would be possible
for you to have postfix fetch whatever it supports directly from ldap.

My understanding is, that requires we stay postfix conformant with regard to
the ldap config object. So what you point out here could be very useful.
Please let me know further requirements like this, if you like.

Thanks

Tassilo