List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kroupware] Re: Re:KMail als KParts-Container.
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2002-09-16 5:58:18

I agree with Cornelius that a Kaplan like approach is the proper
solution to creating an application that integrates KMail,
KOrganizer, KAddressBook and other groupware applications.

I don't think embedding KOrganizer in KMail is a good long term
solution.

In the kmail make_it_cool branch KMail is already a KPart as Kaplan
requires, (I made that change on Saturday). Furthermore a KMail
plugin has been added to kaplan in the kde-pim package. Cornelius has
trialled the KMail KPart using Kaplan, has found it to be a promising
solution and I'm working with feedback he has given me to improve the
KMail KPart. (Perhaps I'll even start using Kaplan is my primary mail
client!)

Here are links to some screenshots showing Kaplan integrating KMail,
KAddressBook and KOrganizer.

http://trolls.troll.no/sanders/images/kaplan1-big.png
http://trolls.troll.no/sanders/images/kaplan2-big.png
http://trolls.troll.no/sanders/images/kaplan3-big.png

I guess making KMail a KPart is something of a big deal so news
outlets feel free to quote this post and include the links I have
listed.

Don.