List:       kpovmodeler-devel
Subject:    Re: KPOV - want to help...
From:       Haakon Meland Eriksen <haakon () nhn ! no>
Date:       2006-02-01 7:49:29

Yes, I agree.  The homepage of Andrea Lohmüller and Friedrich A. Lohmüller is
marvelous!

A big problem with links pertaining to POV-ray is that so many are not
working. A large proportion are the results of someone playing around with
the basics, many of those that go further are out of date (great images,
wrong code), and the updated remainder is unevenly devided between scientists
(few), architects (fewer) and artists (fewest). Those that are updated
usually have fantastic images!

Search engines are most helpful if you search for directly for images, using
"povray" or similar for key word. You immediately see the good stuff, and
where they are located.

A safe assumption is "The best know the rest", meaning the personal link
collections of those few updated sites I mentioned above usually lead you to
the sites of other talented POV-ray/3D artists.

Here is my current list of talented people:
* http://www.f-lohmueller.de/
* http://www.aust-manufaktur.de/
* http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/
* http://www.renderosity.com/
* http://home4.inet.tele.dk/ibras/
* http://www.timeref.org/
* http://www.oyonale.com/ - Gilles Tran - enough said :-)
* http://www.digimation.com/ - they sell 3d models - I haven't bought any, but
it's nice to see what the asking price is. You might get inspired to get into
3D just for because of that ;-)

If you want more, just follow the advice in the paragraph above the list. :-)

Cheers,
Haakon