List:       kpovmodeler-devel
Subject:    Kpovmodeler for Fedora Core 3 & 4 users, and others.
From:       Thomasso Bartholomew Garcieass <onelaw () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2005-09-04 23:12:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Yes, I'm one of those Fedora Core 3 suffers whom after upgrading from FC
3 because of the newer kernels and better security, was frustrated by
not having a GUI modeller for PovRay. I really like the Kpovmodeler, and
being more of an artist rather than a computer scientist, I went months
without Kpov!   So I'm very happy to say that I finely got it up and
running while using FC 3!!!!!!!

My issues:

I had the same problems as Ken and Anreas did, first I downloaded the
SRC Kpovmodeler 1.+ and got the same error: asking for freetype2. After
installing freetype2 and hours of configuring and make-installing,
nothing until I read this Email list. Anreas, if you could somehow post
that patch on a website, maybe this one, that would be great *hint-
hint*.

*****
> /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h:24:2: #error "  #include
> FT_FREETYPE_H"
*****

However, I followed the 4 point instructions that William K. Volkman
post in the Aug. 23, 2005 Dealing with FC 4. They seem to work well for
FC 3 also, but there needs to be some clarity on the 4th and final step
that he posted there? So I want to add what I did  to get Kpov up and
running.

Once RPMBUILD was finished, which took about 70mins to complete, I found
I had no idea where the new RPM was located, or if it was a RPM I was
looking for? So just out of curiosity, I looked around
the /usr/src/redhat/ directory and there it was: a nice and neat folder
in /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/ or /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kdegraphics-3.4.0/ .
I simply ./configure and make install (which was super fast BTW) and
presto! I'm a happy Kpovmodeler user again. Everything seems to be
working fine.

Could these steps be posted on the website too, "as known issues" or
something?

Thanks for a great piece of software!

Thomasso B.G.