List:       kpovmodeler-devel
Subject:    Re: CSG & Detail
From:       Leon Pennington <leon () leonscape ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-11-01 19:53:59

On Friday 29 October 2004 06:43, Andreas Zehender wrote:
> Sounds good and makes sense.
> Looking forward to see csg evaluated objects in kpovmodeler :)

Still working on it, currently hit a problem.

I can't use QMemArray for faces, as it doesn't use the constructors, which
disallows me using variable numbers of points for faces. I could simply use
triangles, but this causes problems of its own. It increases the number of
polys to deal with for CSG ( slowing it down ), and increases the storage
requirements.

So I'm changing to QValueVector, for the faces, it makes dealing with the
Faces slightly diffrent from the Points and Lines, which is not perfect, but
it does work. Unless someone has a better idea?

--
Leon Pennington

"If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day; if you
teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime."