List:       kpovmodeler-devel
Subject:    Re: CSG Code (Leon Pennington)
From:       Leon Pennington <leon () leonscape ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-10-13 20:43:42

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 11:21, olivier.saraja@linuxgraphic.org wrote:

> I think I was the one who mentioned it, but I'm not sure because it was a
> long time ago, already ;) so no offense if you refered to someone else :)
>
> I would be glad to have a global detail level for all object, set to a
> default value stored in the preferences. To another level, the user should
> be able to override the default value for a particular object with a lower
> or higher value. For instance, when manually placing objects on the top
> surface of a height field, since there's no openGL shading yet, the
> highest level of detail is required to set the altitude coordinate of the
> object to be placed. Once all placement are done, the lowest level of
> detail is then needed (if needed at all) as I usually concentrate on other
> parts of the scene.
>
> So my example workflow would be (from a range from 0 to 5, for example) to
> set the LOD of the HF to 5, place my objects along the surface, turn the
> LOD to the default 1 or 2 I like most, then select an other object, set it
> to 4 because I will model another object around it, then turn it back to
> the default 1 or 2, and so forth...
>
> Hope my explanations make sense ;)
>
> Cheers,
> olivS

As my reply to Andreas, a unique value per object can be done.

Theres a couple ways to achieve this.

1. A checkbox to accept the default, and then unclick it to override with its
own detail level.

2. It follows the global detail level, and it you change it then it uses its
own, but if you then change the global it follows that again.

Would either of thoose work for you?

--
Leon Pennington

"If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day; if you
teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime."