List:       kpovmodeler-devel
Subject:    Re: OpenCSG 1.0.0
From:       Andreas Zehender <zehender () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-05-06 18:43:18

Hi Olivier!

On Wednesday, 05. May 2004 22:17, Olivier SARAJA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Andreas: I just read about the release og OpenCSG 1.0.0, which could be
> helpful for visualization of the result of CSG in the 3d views od KPM.
>
> http://www.opencsg.org/

That seems to be a powerful library, but the requirements are quite high.

<quote>
OpenCSG is written in C++, uses namespaces and requires the STL. I do not
expect major compiler incompatibilities under Windows (yes, it runs with
MSVC6). Under Linux, you must use gcc-3.x.y. gcc-2.95.x will not work, since
this compiler does not come with a std::map implementation, which is required
internally.

To run OpenCSG well, you should have graphics hardware with lots of fill rate.
NVidia graphics hardware since GeForce and ATI Radeon qualify. The
OpenCSG::OcclusionQuery option obviously requires occlusion queries, which
are available since Radeon 9x00 (x>=5) and GeForce3 (beware that the
GeForce4MX counts as GeForce2!).
</quote>

> Leon: I'm sorry, but I wasn't able to compile the CVS version of KPM, so I
> couldn't evaluate your landscape plugin. I'll give it another try next
> sunday.

CVS version compiles fine, what errors do you get?