List:       kpovmodeler-devel
Subject:    Re: animation
From:       Andreas Zehender <az () azweb ! de>
Date:       2002-07-16 5:22:08

Hi!

On Tuesday 16 July 2002 00:05, u15051 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've look for the animation features of povray and I found some usefull
> informations. Povray can do rotation and translation. The path movement is
> a set of transform/rotate modifications of the object (or group of
> objects). A spline as path is also possible. BTW EVERY parameter can be
> modified with the clock value. The clock is the main point of the animation
> system. With this you can also make different plots. If you wan't to know
> more about this then I will support you ith informations and povray
> examples.

Yes, I do know that.
But I think if we add a scripting system (what we should do) then the clock
value is a variable that we handle internally in the program. We will
calculate the object attributes, positions ... for each frame and export the
frame to povray.

That way we are independent from povray.