List:       kpovmodeler-devel
Subject:    Re: Still having trouble
From:       Andreas Zehender <zehender () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-10 16:53:24

Hi!

On Saturday 10 November 2001 00:00, magnetHead wrote:
> Okay, so I finally got it installed and running. I have a few questions.
>
> Firstly and most importantly, I've installed povray31 from the binaries at
> the pov website. Kpov is not finding this and won't show texture previews
> or render.

The povray command should be in your path. Perhaps I need to add a config
entry for the povray command.

Are there any error messages on the console or the povray output widget?

> Secondly I exported a simple scene to Povray format and attempted to render
> it getting "Bad option syntax or error opening .INI/.DEF file 'box'.["
> which I presume is something simple concerning the setup of pov.

I have no idea what could be wrong.
Povray does not need ini files. Perhaps wrong command line parameters?
How do you call povray?

> Thirdly, I have to say again that I love the interface and the way that
> everything works. Champion job everyone!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Thanks :-)