List:       kpovmodeler-devel
Subject:    New features: Texture preview and matrix transformation
From:       Andreas Zehender <zehender () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-25 19:25:06

Hi!

I just committed the new "texture preview" feature.
If you select an object inside a texture (even a transformation), a
button "Preview" is shown within the dialog edit widget. Click it and a
sample scene will be rendered with the selected texture.

If the checkbox "local" is checked, not the whole texture is rendered,
only the local texture you are editing.
This is useful if you edit a pigment or texture inside a map or list (see
example below) and you want to preview only this pigment or texture.

texture (1)
 +- texture map
      +- texture (2)
           +- translate
      +- texture

If the translate object is selected, local will render texture 2,
otherwise texture 1.

I added a new transformation: The povray matrix keyword.

The listpattern is now splitted into separate lists for textures,
pigments, colors and normals.

I also cleaned up the code. There were many lines where the spacing was
wrong. Things like no space between parentheses ("()" insted of "( )" and
spaces behind for, if and switch ("for ( " insted of "for( ").
Please follow the coding style convention.

To Luis:
The class PMTextureBase is the base class for textures that can link to
other textures. If a link is serialized, only the name of the linked
object is serialized, never the whole object.
PMTextureBase::serialize( ) will serialize the link. Call this in your
serialization code first and do not serialize the link yourself.

I found two serialization methods which were not correct, one was
PMFinish::serialize( ). I can't remember the other.
Please check your serialization code and take PMFinish::serialize as
example.

Greetings, Andreas