List:       kplato
Subject:    Re: [kplato] Fwd: Re: [kproject] Planning and Analysis 101
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-06-19 18:06:59

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 12:07:58PM +0200, Richard Bos wrote:
> Please put koffice@kde.org on the To or Cc in you want to discuss these
> things.  That's the only way to know whether these things will be possible at
> koffice level.
>
> On Tuesday 19 June 2001 10:20 pm, Brad Hards wrote:
> > I think that versioning support is critical, but that it is inappropriate
> > to do it natively. In the typical project example of versioning (contract
> > change), there is a lot more that needs to get "configuration managed" or
> > "versioned" than just the scheduling / planning tool. For example, the
> > change pages for the contract, the subcontracts, the cost breakdowns, the
> > engineering changes, etc, etc, etc.
> >
> > It should be supported at a KOffice level, rather than a kplato level or a
> > task/subproject level.

Maybe you missed my email on resources available without effort, it answers
this and other questions for you.

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kplato&m=99283927317049&w=2

In short:
 - don't worry about revision management.
 - don't worry about database support either.

At this time of the development cycle it is not at all interesting where or
how you are going to save or share your data. How to represent your data
internally should be the first step.
I'm speaking from a developers POV, I am not a manager! I just program ;)