List:       kplato
Subject:    Re: my thougths about koffice2 b5
From:       Jose Rafael Castillo Huggins <jrch2k7 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-01-26 20:05:13

Thomas Zander escribió:
> On Thursday 22. January 2009 16:26:11 junior wrote:
>
> > hi guys XD, first of all the good part ;) thx for your hard work.
> >

> Thanks!! :)
>

> > * still completely unusable with Open Document see attach for more
> > info
> > * office files or openoffice files look completely diff from
> > original , in fact images dont even show, etc
> >

> Yeah, both are the same and this is known, the infrastructure is largely
> there but its still got loads of problems.
> We are aware of those and its on the list of things to fix before we can
> release.
>
> *i know you'll do a nice job and ill try to help when i find time to catch up \
> qt4/kde4 api XD
> > * Kword and Kspread crash like hell i mean a looooot (maybe kubuntu
> > fault)
> >

> Hmm, this surprises me; we had a 'krush' day where kde people went and tried
> to get things to crash or otherwise misbehave. We had some people that
> after an hour of trying said they didn't manage to crash it.
> So, yeah, it could very well be a problem in kubuntu.
>
> I would really appreciate it if you could post backtraces of any crash you
> find.
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Debugging/How_to_create_useful_crash_reports
>
> * i think my prob here is im am using kde 4.2 rc1 instead of kubuntu default 4.1
> > * dockers are nice, but it became a mess after some of my testing
> > final users begin to miss click. you should always keep the
> > ability to move docker, adjust size, etc for custimization of the
> > UI but not to remove them from UI at least the basic ones like
> > tools or formats.
> >

> Not sure how you managed to get rid of all your dockers :)
> Notice that in the settings->dockers menu you can enable/disable any docker.
>
> *i know that XD c++ dev geek here ;) but as always geeks arent the prob, just \
> imagine a secretary playing with menus and deactivate some dockers she will \
> problably try to kill herself or panic a loot cuz she will think she broke the PC. \
> ofc is just my opinion about some real testing with regular non tech ppl (that \
> screen was from my secretary pcs, actually i just reactivate it and tell her to not \
> touch anything in settings menu cuz im neither sure how she get ride of all docker \
>                 at once :D )
> * plz remove the first screen asking for the type of document ,
> template etc and put them into a menu (maybe files/new document
> and put there a list button with those options) is a nicer
> solution.
>

> If you don't like it, maybe you can click the checkbox under the template
> you choose to always use that template. Then you never have to see it
> again :)
>
> Cheers!

* in my company everybody complains about that template dialog (regular
administrative user), us the geek side of the company just  click the
checkbox to get rid of it. 8)

beside this minor issues koffice is getting better than i expected and
the memory footprint is really nice so far  i hope to match it with my
kde4.2 soon :)

and again ill try to help but is really hard to me get study time rigth
now for heavy qt/kde4 api.