List:       kplato
Subject:    Re: Page templates on KWord
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2008-10-30 9:29:28

Pau Iranzo wrote:
> Hi
>
> I don't know if this is the place to ask doubts about Koffice... (I was
> looking for a forum or something similar, but I didn't find anything).
>
> Anyway, I'd like to know if it's possible to design a page template on
> Kword. I'd like to add a picture on the background and change the page
> color. I could change the background color, but I wasn't able to find
> how to add a picture on the background.
>
> Thanks!

Well, basically, you should use: "Format -> Page Layout" and, at least
in TRUNK, it doesn't work.  So, I don't know if this feature should work
like OpenOffice.org Writer or not.  KWord-1.6.3 doesn't have this
feature so it might not be possible.

In theory, you can make a frame with an image in it and then make text
frame{s) with a transparent background.  But things don't work correctly.

--
JRT