List:       kplato
Subject:    Re: [kplato] Kchart for Kplato indicator
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-18 20:10:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 18 January 2007 20:02, Frédéric Lambert wrote:
> We want to display three curves to answer this need :
>
> " The best charting available is
> to display Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled vs. Budgeted Cost of Work
> Performed (Schedule Variance); and Budgeted Cost of Work Performed vs.
> Actual Cost of Work Performed (Cost Variance)."
>
> On the X-coordinate : the current duration of the project
> On the Y-coordinate : the percentage of the budgeted cost of work
> Scheduled...etc
>
> It will be integer points that we need to join with graphical curves.
> A simple chart with some colours ;)

Ok,

for that functionality the current kchart will not help you.
The newly imported kdchart engine can provide that, but that has not been
integrated in kchart yet.
I also know near nothing about kcharts internals, so I can't really help you.

I do know that if you want to use the kchart engine the steps will be;

a) make kchart use the new kdchart engine.
the kchart/kdchart is currently not compiled. The kchart/kdchart1 dir is.
b) make a KoShape inheriting class that is capable of painting the chart. [1]
c) create a class in KOffice libs that inherits from KoShapeUserData and make
it hold the charting data and all the settings you need.
The chart-shape should then use this data (see api docs at
KoShape::setUserData()) to configure the chart and display it.

Alternatives are;
* use the kdchart2 engine directly. This is not very pretty.
* Write a QWidget yourself.
* Use the KPlot as cyrille stated. Which may be made generically available end
of this month.

1) http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=How_to_write_a_flake_shape
--
Thomas Zander