List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE account setup
From:       Pali =?utf-8?q?Roh=C3=A1r?= <pali.rohar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-04-30 14:23:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 30 April 2016 14:54:19 Harsh Shah wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Help me out to setup my account and this year policy change that I
> should start to setup my environement and participate actively on
> kopete development before your i start the GSoc.
>
> I have gitup account i already fork compete repo so guid me what i
> have to do.  i start making my code for irc protocol support.
>
> i go throw all the links that admin mail me now what is the next step
> i am little confuse so help me out please.

Hi Harsh!

I will try to provide you some information which are needed for Kopete
development.

First, kopete source code is managed by git. Git repository is on kde:

git://anongit.kde.org/kopete.git
https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kopete.git

We do not use github, so IIRC you do not need any github account.

For doing code review, commenting and selecting patches we use kde
reviewboard system. It is on:

https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/groups/kopete/

For reporting bugs we use kde bugzilla system, available at:

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&product=kopete

To be able to use all those systems you need to have one kde account. I
think you already asked for it...

So your first step would be to clone kopete git repository and build it.
If you are not familiar with git, let me know and I will help you.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@gmail.com