List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: Looking for new list moderators
From:       Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco () FreeBSD ! org>
Date:       2015-11-15 12:42:23

"R.Harish Navnit" <harishnavnit@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 6:51 PM, <rakuco@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi, everyone,
>>
>> The kopete-devel mailing list is currently run by me and Jussi.
>> Sometimes I only end up doing the list moderation tasks
>> (accepting/rejecting mail in the queue, mostly SPAM) once a week, which
>> makes the queue quite big.
>>
>> Would anyone else like to become a list moderator to help with these
>> activities?
>>
> I'm willing to help. I can assist you in some of the tasks, but could you
> please mention what all I'd be responsible for ?
>
> P.S : I have my university exams and a project semester coming up soon, so
> I won't be able to devote all my time. But I'm willing to help
> nevertheless.

Thanks for the interest, and sorry for the delay. The tasks are
basically:
- Receive emails saying there are emails in the moderation queue
- Go to the moderation queue page in Mailman
- Look at a list of emails and choose whether they are valid and should
  be allowed to be sent to the list or just discarded. 99% of the emails
  are just SPAM in languages you don't speak.
- Rinse and repeat :-)

Is D55566B2 the ID of your PGP key? If so, I'll send an encrypted email
to you with the moderator password.