List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: Moving KDE Telepathy to kdenetwork
From:       cyberbeat () gmx ! de
Date:       2015-02-06 18:13:21

 > Not being a IM user myself, how does KTP compare to kopete feature wise?

I can list some (important for me) features, that are missing in ktp
(correct me, if I missed something):

- edit contact names and images, and group contacts (for example same
people with different IM-accounts with different protocols - but still
choose preferred protocol, or choose specific one to chat with a person
in context-menu/via protocol-status-icon)

- edit the contact-list view (in kopete you can comfortable and exactly
define, which contact attributes to show where in the contact list), in
ktp there are 3 views, but they can't be configured.

- fetching/caching contact images from server does not work reliable in
ktp, they sometimes only are displayed on status change

- connect/set-status only some protocols (in ktp you can only go online
or offline with all accounts)

- define what to display in tooltips for contacts in contactlist

- ktp contact-list has no status icon (showing status, missed messages)

- show history (chat protocol) from contact-list

Volker