List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: Patches for Kopete on reviewboard
From:       cyberbeat () gmx ! de
Date:       2012-02-26 11:50:22

> > I'm trying to configure Kopete to work with Oracle Beehive
> > (Jabber/XMPP). When I try to connect I get a toaster notification that
> > says, "There was an error authenticating with the server. Login failed
> > with unknown reason."

For the jabber protocol, there exists a context menu "xml console", where you can \
debug the jabber protocol in kopete very comfortable.

> 	Kopete is unmaintained.

Unmaintained sounds a bit too strong. There are still some people, who take care a \
bit. I am willing to help, if I can, and still fixed some bugs and implemented new \
features (for example inline renaming) recently.

> > who is still reading kopete mailinglist?
>
> 	Me :)

me too :-)

> > And who is still active around Kopete development?
>
> 	Nobody.

see above. Additionally I gladly try helping with review requests, although also my \
time is sparse.

Volker