List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: GSoC 2011 Kopete Ideas
From:       Pali_Rohár <pali.rohar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-03-13 18:54:19

2011/3/13 Saiph Rigel <saipg.rigel.alnilam@gmail.com>:
> How about
>
> 1. Notifications of new mail in gmail

I think that you mean implement it in jabber protocol. It may be easy:
http://code.google.com/apis/talk/jep_extensions/gmail.html

> 2. Gtalk file transfer

Do you mean google libjingle file transfer?

Kopete has in tree old version 0.4 of patched libjingle library (used
for google talk voice calls). I contacted maintainers of libjingle
library and sent them patches. If new version 0.5 will be work with
kopete, we can delete libjingle library from kopete tree and
filetransfer can be implemented in voice call client (if it is not
implemented yet).

I'm still waiting for including changes in libjingle.

> ?

Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@gmail.com