List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: Kopete hacking
From:       dantti85-dev () yahoo ! com ! br
Date:       2010-07-21 19:55:23

> De: Raphael Kubo da Costa <kubito@gmail.com>
> Committing directly to trunk probably means you'll already have a completely
> functional new UI for everything for the SC 4.6 release.

> It'd be nice if you could post some screenshots of the main changes you intend
> to make. Posting review requests via ReviewBoard would also be good.

the contact list is the first thing I want to change.
- it's not nice to know if your account's are online (jabber keeps disconnecting me, \
                and it do not reconnect)
- the vertical space is _very_ important to avoid scrollbars that's why i removed the \
file menu bar  and I want to remove the "status" bar too.
- I'd like to make the contact list transparent with a blur effect (no idea how hard \
                is it).
- the left tabs are your accounts, if you have more identities a
  tab is show on top for each identity.
  Additionally the first tab of accounts and identity would merge it all
  this has 2 benefits:
  * you can filter contacts by account
  * you can see if it's online or not
- the user image is going to be a "plasmoid" or whatever is called the image
  shown when you change your wallpaper. (users love beautiful interfaces)
- at the bottom of the left tab I'll add the application menu
- at the top of the left tabbar i'm thinking of adding a menu to add/rm contacts
  and create a new account, which is another thing that i don't like today
  imo it should hide the contact list and show a connect like amsn or MSN...
  with a list of protocols to choose and a way to "Quick connect" (for those moments,
  when a friend or a family member want's to chat using you pc.

there are too many menus that are redundant, you can do one thing is several
diferent places which make the menus huge and hard to read.
The contacts list has it's "problems" too, but we didn't find out something
really good to start the change.

http://img707.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plasmadesktope28894.jpg

Best,
Daniel.