List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Kopete 1.0 and beyond
From:       Matt Rogers <mattr () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-10-04 19:27:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 02 October 2009 16:37:46 Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Matt Rogers <mattr@kde.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > So, right now, the plan is to release Kopete 1.0 with KDE 4.4. If anybody
> > thinks that this shouldn't be done, then please speak up now so we can
> > change
> > the plan. :)
> >
> > For beyond Kopete 1.0, my current plan is to morph Kopete into the KDE
> > equivalent of GNOME's Empathy. This means converting Kopete to Telepathy.
> > As
> > part of this conversion, I also would like to make use of the various
> > other kde4 technologies like akonadi, etc. I also want to resurrect
> > Decibel in the
> > form of various Kopete components that are available throughout the whole
> > KDE
> > stack for various purposes.
> >
> > So the whole point of writing this email is to solicit feedback. So,
> > feedback
> > please! :)
> > --
> > Matt

> I don't want to break the party but... isn't Decibel dead already? maybe we
> should pick a project that's already alive and with some kind of proof that
> works.

Sure, Decibel as it currently is today is dead. Parts of kopete, along with
some things in playground/network would most likely become the "new" Decibel.

> Also... this might be quite some work, shouldn't we try to get it done
> before announcing it?

I'm not announcing anything other than my own plans and trying to get input,
feedback, etc. on whether people think this is a good idea and want to help or
if I'm just going to be wasting my time. :)

--
Matt