List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Kopete 1.0 and beyond
From:       Gustavo Boiko <gustavo.boiko () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2009-10-02 17:37:23

Hi

Em 02/10/2009, ās 00:04, Matt Rogers escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> So, right now, the plan is to release Kopete 1.0 with KDE 4.4. If
> anybody
> thinks that this shouldn't be done, then please speak up now so we
> can change
> the plan. :)

It is really time for 1.0 to show up.

> For beyond Kopete 1.0, my current plan is to morph Kopete into the KDE
> equivalent of GNOME's Empathy. This means converting Kopete to
> Telepathy. As
> part of this conversion, I also would like to make use of the
> various other
> kde4 technologies like akonadi, etc. I also want to resurrect
> Decibel in the
> form of various Kopete components that are available throughout the
> whole KDE
> stack for various purposes.

I'm not very familiar with all the new frameworks available, but it
really makes sense turning Kopete into something more than just a
standalone application.

I'm not very active latelly, but I might have a bit more time (now
that I almost finished my master dissertation), so if you need help on
that, please let me know.

Cheers

Boiko