List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] kopete Yahoo connect failure
From:       Raphael Kubo da Costa <kubito () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-28 18:23:18

2009/9/20 Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Ever since KDE4 I have been unable to connect to my Yahoo IM account with
> kopete.  I always get a "There was an error while connecting <user name> to
> the Yahoo server. Error message: 17 remote host closed connection" error
> message.  Because there have been several KDE bug reports on similar issues, I
> have not attempted track this down before.  With the KDE 4.3.0 release,
> however, it appears that most (all?) of these issues are considered resolved
> -- yet I still cannot connect.  A packet trace shows that kopete does not even
> attempt to authenticate.  The total set of packets are
>
> client -> yahoo: SYN
> yahoo -> client: SYN, ACK
> client -> yahoo: ACK
> [pidgin sends its auth sequence here]
> client -> yahoo: FIN, ACK
> yahoo -> client: ACK
> yahoo -> client: FIN, ACK
> client -> yahoo: ACK
>
> I also traced the connect sequence from pidgin (which works fine) and it sends
> a version 16 authentication sequence starting after the first client -> yahoo
> ACK.
>
> I'd like to track down the cause of this and I was hoping you could give me a
> couple of pointers where to start looking, in particular a call sequence
> description for the login process would be useful.
>
> Thanks,
> Sverre
>
> PS This is on NetBSD-current amd64 using KDE 4.3.1
>
> PPS AIM and Jabber protocols work fine.

Hi Sverre,

Recently Douglas Berry submitted a patch you've written to fix this
issue to the kde-freebsd mailing list [1].

I've talked to the maintainer of that code and he OK'd the patch, so
I've committed it to trunk (future 4.4) and backported it to 4.3. If
you want, you can already check it out from svn from the 4.3 branch.

Thanks!

[1] http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-freebsd/2009-September/006583.html