List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] GaduGadu Patches
From:       Matt Rogers <mattr () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-09-04 12:54:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Replies inline with the original message

On Friday 04 September 2009 05:16:32 am pennguin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have had free time and created two patches for kopete's gadugadu plugin.
>  For bugs:
> 163541: Setting description in Gadu plugin makes it go offline

This patch looks fine.

> 184696: Gadu-gadu has problems with contact list

I don't understand Gadu Gadu internals, but if this patch works, then I'll
commit it too.

> The first one fixes setting of description (currently it goes offline for
>  every status but for offline status it goes... online!) It's my old patch
>  but hasn't been committed...
> The second one is more important is at fixes bad handling of gadugadu
>  import contact list, which after couple of reconnects make a lot of dead
>  and empty contacts in kopete contact list. Whole trouble is because the of
>  the one line in imported gadu contact list (it always starts with
>  GG70ExportString; and is just a list of groups) so I wrote a patch to
>  ignore it.
>
> I'm using both patches and haven't notice any troubles.
>
> BTW Does gadugadu plugin have any active development? I'm asking because
>  new libgadu-1.9.0-rc1 was released today, which brings support for new
>  protocol in gadugadu (UTF8 support, new statuses). Are there any plans to
>  introduce it in kopete? If not I would like to do it and also deal with
>  couple of most irritating bugs in gadugadu protocol (ex. not working
>  public directory search since kopete3! - honestly I'm working on it right
>  know).

Nobody actively works on Gadu Gadu support at the moment, and it would be
great to have some additional help in that area of Kopete.

We use an external libgadu now, so provided that Kopete still compiles when
using it (and it may not), then hopefully we'll have an easier time taking
advantage of that new functionality.

Please feel free to continue to submit patches for review (either on the
mailing list or via reviewboard) and I'll get them committed for you. After
you've got a few more patches under your belt, then I'll support your request
for an SVN account.

Thanks!
--
Matt