List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Convert to git?
From:       Tejas Dinkar <tejasdinkar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-16 5:34:55

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, Matt Rogers sent out 2.0K bytes to say:
> Well, that's one of the reasons why I wondered if we wanted to be one of the
> first to switch. We're not really all that tied to our particular kde module,
> so there aren't any intramodule dependencies for us to worry about pulling
> in, which theoretically could make our switch to git easy.

Also, I was wondering if this layout for switching to git is the
one that is being accepted (from [1]). If so, then is it kdenetwork as a
whole that will become a single repository, and not just kopete? Or is
it planned as a submodule structure?

QUOTE:
thiago's proposal for splitting: split the main modules at the module
level (kdemultimedia, kdebase). Extragear & playground will be split
at the application level---e.g. amarok/k3b/whatever. at last count,
that leaves us with ~450 repos.

[1] http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-scm-interest/2009-July/000525.html
--
Tejas Dinkar