List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] Kopete on FreeBSD
From:       Tino Engel <goaengel () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-05-02 20:03:54

Hello Kopete developers,

I am trying to port webcam support in Kopete to FreeBSD and would need
some help.

What is working: i can see pwc webcam picture in configure dialogue
and choose a working webcam.

What is not working: i do not have a send webcam button. when i try to
establish a connection sending a webcam picture from a working client to
kopete-kde4, i receive error as follows: 'MSN: Error:
basic_string::_S_construct NULL not valid'
trying to receive the webcam the same way is quiet on shell.

What I did: i changed all
'#if defined(__linux__) && defined(ENABLE_AV)'
to '#if (defined(__linux__) || defined(__FreeBSD__)) &&
defined(ENABLE_AV)'...
this used to be enough for kopete-kde3...

I am quite clueless where to look now, i.e. which part of code to
enable...

Kopete Version 0.70.2 Using
KDE 4.2.2 (KDE 4.2.2)

Any help would be very appreciated.
Please tell me which further information to post.

Best regards, Tino Engel

P.S.: Please keep me on CC: since I am not subscribed to this list