List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] Ink draw support in WLM
From:       Tiago Salem Herrmann <salem () mandriva ! com>
Date:       2009-05-11 14:55:41

Hi all,

I am working on Ink draw support in WLM but I'm facing some problems, so
I would like to ask for some opinions.

The two options are to send the image in GIF or ISF
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ink_Serialized_Format).
Even though ISF is now an open format, libmsn was not tested to send it
in ISF, and probably writing a code to encode a image to ISF is a waste
of time, since only a few people will use it and all the MSN clients
(official and 3dy party) accept GIF.

The problem is that Qt doesn't support writing GIF's, only reading. (as
far as I understand due to legal issues).

Is it possible to link WLM protocol to libgif?
Today I'll perform some tests with libungif, but I'm not sure if the
official client will accept uncompressed gifs.

Does anyone have another/better idea?

Thank you.

Tiago Salem Herrmann