List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] Bad encoding in icq protocol
From:       Pali Rohár <pali.rohar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-16 18:49:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello,
after revision 948341, which change icq protocol line 435 in file
liboscar/oscartypes.h from

const unsigned char ICQ_TCP_VERSION     = 0x0008;
const unsigned char ICQ_TCP_VERSION     = 0x0009; // 9 for rtf support

slovak chars (ľščťž ...) with encoding windows-1250 in status message
(not status title) show bad, but in status tile is ok.
If I update to latest revision and change back this file all is ok. All
chats messages always show correct.

If I change default encoding to utf8 all incoming messages with slovak
chars show bad, but status message (and tile message too) show correct.
Default slovak encoding is windows-1250

Where is problem? Why it do this? It is needed 0x0009 in
ICQ_TCP_VERSION? I don't understand why ICQ_TCP_VERSION change encoding
of status message (and not status tile and chats messages too).

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@gmail.com