List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Vote For Feature: Custom Titles for Chat Window
From:       "Joshua J. Berry" <des () condordes ! net>
Date:       2009-04-14 0:11:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 13 April 2009 08:56:09 Tejas Dinkar wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Wanted to get some feedback on an idea before I went ahead to (try) and
> implement it.
>
> I notices that there was a bug [1] filed that requested that we show the
> number of unread messages in a Kopete Chat Window. This got me to think,
> why don't we have a more flexible way of setting the title of the chat
> window (dynamically).
[snip]

I think this is a bit overkill.  But I do like the idea of having the number of
unread messages in the title.

Perhaps something like "[nn] John Doe", with the "[nn]" part removed as soon as
the window/tab becomes focused.  (And I do think this behavior should be an
option -- but a checkbox is better than a whole new config pane.)

On a semi-related note, I've also patched my Kopete locally to take out the "
(Online)" " (Away)" nonsense.  That information is already present in the
protocol icon, and it inflates the window/tab titles with redundant information
(such that the tab bar becomes unusably wide if you have more than maybe two
tabs).

-- Josh

--
Joshua J. Berry

"I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere."
    -- /usr/games/fortune