List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] buddy list question
From:       "Joshua J. Berry" <des () condordes ! net>
Date:       2009-03-30 16:53:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 29 March 2009 13:40:07 Dhaval Patel wrote:
> Joshua J. Berry <des@condordes.net> wrote:
> >On Sunday 29 March 2009 07:24:30 Dhaval Patel wrote:
> >> Here is a buddy list without the "Default Identity" and "account lists".
> >> I just started my computer up today, connected to the inet and a message
> >> came up if I want to add a user to my list, I believe this was AIM, I
> >> clicked "Do Not Add" and clicked on the Kopete icon on the taskbar to
> >> show the buddy list.
> >
> >What was the exact wording of the message?
>
> "The following contacts are not in your contact list. Would you like to add
> them?"
>
> I just restarted Kopete, it asked me again for the same contact even though
> I clicked "Do Not Add" this morning.

Ah -- that means those contacts appear on the server's buddy list, but are not
in Kopete.  This usually means you should go ahead and add them (they will
appear in a group titled "Not in your contact list").

If you really don't want them in your contact list, you can add them and delete
them again.  This should get rid of the message.  (If it doesn't, that's a bug.
:D)

Seems like maybe Kopete should handle this better -- perhaps just by adding the
contacts and let the user remove them if s/he doesn't want them.

> >> Here is what the list looked like. I am still not sure how to
> >> reproduce this, but it does happen. By the way, would it be possible to
> >> have configure options to make it look like this all the time?
> >
> >Are you talking about the status bar itself?  It can be shown and hidden
> > with the Settings -> Show Status Bar menu option.
>
> Not the Status Bar, I have that hidden. I am talking about the "Default
> Identity" and the list of my accounts.

That is strange.  I'm really not sure why that is showing up then.  It can be
shown and hidden by clicking on the icons in the status bar... but I don't see
why it should be shown if you have no status bar in the first place.

> By the way, even though your email was sent to the list, the proper headers
> were not setup, When I hit reply, it was replying only back to you instead
> of the entire list.

hrm. I looked at my message as posted to the list, and I see the "Reply-To"
header was added, so I'm not sure what happened. :/

-- Josh

> Thanks,
> Dhaval

Joshua J. Berry

"I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere."
    -- /usr/games/fortune