List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Webcam doesnt work
From:       Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik () redhat ! com>
Date:       2009-03-20 9:33:43

On Tuesday 17 March 2009 16:51:25 Pali Rohár wrote:
> Hello,
> I write I use driver ov51x-jpeg
> (http://www.rastageeks.org/ov51x-jpeg/index.php/Main_Page) build from
> svn. I checked, this driver is not v4l2 (only v4l1).  This is only one
> driver which works fine with my webcam (I tried a lot of drivers).

Hi Pali,
sorry, I've overlooked you wrote you have ov51x-jpeg. I think I know where's
the problem - libv4l2 checks if it is proper v4l2 device and v4l2_open returns
error if not, so device is closed and thus no v4l1 kopete code is executed. So
libv4l2 is unusable for you now, I'll try to find out solution but first I'd
like to contact Hans de Goede - libv4l2 author (and Linux webcam guru :D).

I don't have v4l1 only webcam, so it scares me a little :)

Jaroslav
--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik@redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275