List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Review Request: make msn use message states
From:       Tiago Salem Herrmann <salem () mandriva ! com>
Date:       2009-03-17 16:11:00

Benson Tsai wrote:
> That sounds reasonable. How long would the timer be set to before
> deciding the message could not be sent? Is there any way to get
> feedback from libmsn to decide if the message dosen't get through?

I guess there is no way to get this information from libmsn, but if you
can't open a switchboard (IIRC it tries 3 times, see
WlmChatSession::switchboardConnectionTimeout ()) or if you got no ACK,
then the message should be marked as StateError.

About the time, I believe 60 seconds is enough to consider that it failed.