Probably the import function should better be started by a button in the historyviewer, shouldn't it?
And can somebody check in my code if it works to your satisfaction?

regards,
timo

Timo Schlüßler wrote:
Hello,

attached is a patch and the two files which add the ability to import
logs from pidgin to kopete. The source-code files belong to
kdenetwork/kopete/plugins/history.
I changed HistoryLogger slightly so that appendMessage() uses the
timestamp from the message that is to be imported  but not
QDate::currentDate().

I don't know what happens if you want to import multiuser chatlogs
because i haven't got any ... i would be glad if you can check that.
For me it works just fine, but the logs from pidgin are very unsteady.
anyway i hope it works for all pidgin logs.

thanks for testing,
timo