List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Skype Protocol works
From:       Dâniel Fraga <fragabr () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-03 17:04:10

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 14:53:30 +0100
Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have 64 bit kubuntu and 32 bit dynamic skype (from medibuntu repository).
> Try download and use 32bit dynamic skype.

	Yes, I know it's possible, but I want to avoid the effort of
having 32 bit libraries ;)

> Which distribution have you got?

	Linux from scratch ;)

> I don't think if skype will have 64 bit dynamic version.

	Hmm, I can agree with you, but I don't want to eheheh ;)

	I'm optimistic, although I have to admit the Skype for Linux is
almost "abandonware".

	But no problem. I can live with the static version. Since your
code just acts as a bridge, it's just a convenience. But don't worry.
Adobe released the flash 64 bit player after years... Sun is almost
releasing 64 bit java plugin... then Skype must do the same one day.
Let's wait...

--
Linux 2.6.28-rc6: Killer Bat of Doom
http://u-br.net