List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] jabber group chats and notifications
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-10-02 13:17:29

On Thursday 02 October 2008, Matt Rogers wrote:

> On Oct 1, 2008, at 6:10 PM, David Faure wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday 01 October 2008, David Faure wrote:
> >> But as expected there is still a notification for replayed
> >> highlighted messages.
> >> I need to flag them as "delay delivery". Should I make that a new
> >> Importance level
> >> (VeryLow? Delayed?), or just a separate bool in Kopete::Message?
> >
> > The latter seems simpler/safer. The attached patch works for me (it
> > was nice to find
> > that libiris/iris/include/xmpp_message.h defines spooled(), set to
> > true when jabber:x:delay was seen,
> > although with a strange comment about the method: "for compat,
> > delete me later").
> >
> > OK for committing?
> >

> I like it. Please commit.

Actually, I discovered that this made previously-highlighted messages
not highlighted anymore in the chat window, which looks a bit strange.
I improved the patch so that the highlight color is still there, but not
the notification.
  if ( msg.delayed() )
     showNotification = false;
just before if ( showNotification ) in kopeteviewmanager.cpp,
instead of the change in kopetechatsession.cpp
I assume I can commit that version too.

Another problem though:
when joining a groupchat and getting past discussion, all the lines from people
who are not in the chat anymore are missing!
This is due to the "return;" in jabbergroupcontact.cpp line 193, but svn annotate
only tells me it was merged from 0.12 branch by mlarouche.
I'm not sure why it's looking for groupchatname/nick instead of just the
nick (which is in the contact list), apparently there is no groupchatname/nick
when that nick isn't in the group chat at a given time.
In any case, if I just remove that "return" statement, then everything works fine,
I see the replayed lines from everyone again.