List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] WLM plugin based on libmsn
From:       Tiago Salem Herrmann <salem () mandriva ! com>
Date:       2008-08-18 23:16:28

Hi,

last year I started playing with libmsn and decided to port it to MSNp15
protocol.
Since then I'm working on a wlm plugin for kopete that helps me on
libmsn development process.
Now I decided to make it public, since only a few people know about it,
and maybe other people may be interested in make it useful for everybody.
Currently the wlm plugin does not implement all the features provided by
libmsn (actually, it implements all the features that I need to use),
and that's why it needs more work on it.

It has full support to offline messages, personal messages, file
transfers, nudges, chat while in invisible mode and so on.

As I said, it links against libmsn, and it can be found here:
svn co https://libmsn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/libmsn libmsn

The wlm plugin is here:
http://users.mandriva.com.br/~salem/wlm-kopete-protocol.tar.bz2

TODO list for wlm:
- integrate inks, winks (argh, needs flash), custom emoticons, voice
clips, shared backgrounds (I'm not sure how to handle that in kopete)
- improve the addressbook management. (remove/block/add user,
create/remove groups)
- improve the identity support.
- make wlm plugin use avatar manager.

Obviously I can't say that this plugin will work "out-of-the-box" for
everybody, still have some issues, and I hope to get some help to
develop it even if kopete team decide not to use it upstream.
The indentation may be weird in some parts of the code because it was
indented automatically.

If you have any doubts or suggestions, please let-me know.

Best Regards,

Tiago Salem Herrmann
http://tiagosh.wordpress.com