List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] desklist and Kopete/KDE4
From:       Conrad Hoffmann <ch () bitfehler ! net>
Date:       2008-08-06 21:27:59

Hi Dennis,

On Wednesday 06 August 2008 17:56:17 Dennis Nienhüser wrote:
> I'm working on something quite close to that (called contacts plamoid).
> See KDE SVN [1] for the code and some of my blog [2] posts about it.
> Currently it supports displaying contacts from Kopete and KABC. More
> things (more contact actions and information, akonadi/decibel and
> nepomuk integration, drag and drop support from kopete and extenders)
> should follow at some point.

I am the developer of the KDE3 Desklist plugin. I just finished university,
which is why I barely had any time recently. But now I have quite a bit of
spare time, until i start working. I spent the last days catching up with KDE4
development and started to implement a Plasma version of the Desklist plugin.
Seeing how you have done some wonderfull work in that direction, I think we
should join forces. I would like to focus on enhancing Kopete's DBus Interface
to be used by the Plasma Engine and the engine itself and then on supplying an
"All Contacts" list style plasmoid. Maybe we could have a chat some time?
ch@bitfehler.net is also my jabber ID, I would be happy to hear from you...

Regards, Conrad
--
ch@bitfehler.net