List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] GSoC : Status
From:       Detlev Casanova <detlev.casanova () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-21 9:07:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi folks,

I have now an almost full chain of classes to have somethig that works ! But
it does not work yet... The chain is missing parts.

I don't have ice-udp yet, I only have something that looks like a raw-udp
implementation but this spec is only for testing (is there still people not
behind a NAT ?) and is confusing so I modified a bit the way it works :
as it should be tested only in a local network, there is no "received"
informational message, the data is sent as soon as the session-initiate has
been received. Also, the candidate that the responder will send to the
initiator is not used yet so it will stream only in one direction.

I'm using libortp and it must be 0.13.1 (maybe less but I don't know exactly
which version and the code is based on 0.13.1). I added a CMake module to
find the library but I do not test the version yet. Kopete will try to
compile (but won't succeed) if a bad version of ortp is installed.

The payloads which will be used are first Theora for Video streaming and Speex
for audio streaming. I ceetainly will use libraries to encode and decode
theora and speex data as I don't think Phonon will be able to do that (which
I understand as it is not what Phonon is for).

I should commit this evening the latest source code as it is still in a very
buggy state and I did not try my latest implementation yet.

Cheers,

Detlev.