List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] [Admin] Bugzilla mails going to another mailing list
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-06-24 12:40:55

Hi everyone,

(Executive summary: kopete-devel has been split into two lists, you may need
to update your mail filters.)

Ever since kopete-devel was created, we have had the bug report mails sent to
this mailing list.

It made sense in the past, because it kept everything together, and easy to
maintain.

However, it also means that pretty much *any* email address may send to this
list, and as you have noticed this is a disaster for spam control.

Therefore we have now split the mail into kopete-devel and kopete-bugs, a new
mailing list that will only receive bug mails. You probably need to change
your mail filters if you are splitting bugs from the rest of the list.

As soon as we have received the password from the KDE sysadmins we will
mass-subscribe all kopete-devel subscriptions to kopete-bugs as well to keep
membership the same.

If you want to make use of the opportunity to receive only kopete-devel you
can unsubscribe yourself.

The next step will be to disallow non-members from posting directly to this
list. This won't solve the spam issue for admins (we still have to moderate),
but the archives and normal subscriptions will see a clear list.

Anyway, expect some changes during the following days. I'll let you know once
everything is done.

--
Martijn