List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] My idea to GSOC
From:       "chongri zhao" <zhaochongri () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-03-23 6:52:23

Hello,
	I am glad to have the chance to present my proposal---Interating
IPMSG to Kopete
This is my answer:
 *Who are you? What are you studying?
I am Chongri Zhao,a Chinese college student,major in Computer Science .

    * What exactly do you intend to do? What will not be done?
Interate IPMSG to Kopete and perfect QQ.

    * Why are you the right person for this task?
I am a member of Xiyou Linux
Group.(http://groups.google.com/group/xiyoulinux
http://www.xiyoulinux.cn/)
I joined in the development of
XYLFTP(http://sourceforge.net/projects/xylftp),so I know some about
socket programming and my speciality is Network Project.Last session
we had the idea of developing IPMSG wih QT and this session wo are
working on it.

    * To what extent are you familiar with the software you're
proposing to work with? Have you used it? Have you read the source?
Have you modified the source?
QQ and IPMSG are used in everywhere around me. QQ doesn't open source
and not support linux.Kopete have done some work on it ,but still have
some problem.I hope I can do some help.IPMSG have lots of versions and
support almost all systerm,but there is no QT version and their
functions are not the same.I want to improve its funtions,like
QQ,including  voice chat,video chat,long-range control,files share.It
is a little difficult,so I will acommplish IPMSG first.I am reading
its source,and modifying the source.To be fact,I have never used
Kopete(now I have),by GSOC I have the idea.

    * How many hours are you going to work on this a week? 10? 20? 30? 40?
In school,I can work about 40 hours a week.In summer vacation,about 40
days,I will work on it everyday until complete it.

    * Do you have other commitments that we should know about? If so,
please suggest a way to compensate if it will take much time away from
Summer of Code.
I have no other plan,just want to learn more knowledge.

    * Are you comfortable working independently under a supervisor or
mentor who is several thousand miles away, not to mention 12 time
zones away? How will you work with your mentor to track your work?
Have you worked in this style before?
Internet makes us closer.Our group discuss on the goole group,and
commit codes with cvs.I will subscribed to the Kopete mailong list,and
we can communicate by e-mail or Kopete.

    * If your native language is not English, are you comfortable
working closely with a supervisor whose native language is English?
What is your native language, as that may help us find a mentor who
has the same native language?
My native language is Chinese,but I learn English for many years and I
want to communicate in English so that I can improve my English.Just
hope you can stand for my pool English.

    * Where do you live, and can we assign a mentor who is local to
you so you can meet in a coffee shop for lunch?
I live in xi'an,China.

append£º
	Integrate Decibel and Kopete.I am also interested in this work.Maybe
this should be my first work.And I can complete IPMSG with my friends.

          sincerely,

      Zhao Chongri

--
There is a will,there is a way!!!